Hello from Nurse Jarret in the Health Office:
I just wanted to send some reminders for this school year:
Please look at the Daily Student Attestation and answer all 4 questions for your child daily before sending them to school.
If your answer to any of these questions is a “yes”, please:
- Call the absence call-in line with the reason your child is out of school – (978) 433-0119
- Be specific when you call
- Call your primary care for further instructions
If you have answered “no” to all of these questions, please come to school!
- If your child becomes sick during the school day, you will be called and advised of the need for dismissal. It is expected that your child will be picked up within 30 minutes. If your child presents with any of the symptoms listed in the Daily Student Attestation, they will need to wait in a designated medical waiting area until they are picked up.
- We ask that you provide 4 contacts that the school nurse can call if you are unavailable and your child is ill. These contacts need to be able to pick up your child.
- If your contact information or that of your emergency contacts changes, please notify the secretaries at each school your children attend.
Masks are required upon entering and while in the school. Here is a video on wearing a mask correctly:
Hand Washing/sanitizing is important and should be done often, but always:
- When entering and before leaving school
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Before touching your eyes
- Before eating
- After using the toilet
- Before and after touching a cut or wound
- After touching your mask
Hand Washing Instructions
How to wash your hands? Follow these five steps every time.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at (978)433-0114 or email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristina Jarret, RN, MSN