It’s that time of year again…..flu season. Attached is a very helpful guide provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about the flu.
Also, just a reminder with general illness to please keep your child home from school if they display any of the following symptoms:
- Fever over 100 degrees or more, and until the child has had a normal temperature for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication.
- Vomiting or diarrhea during the night or in the morning before school.
- Uncontrollable or infectious (congested) cough.
- Abdominal/stomach pain lasting more than 2 hours.
- Rash of unknown cause.
- Signs of infection of the eyes, ears, nose, throat, skin, or scalp.
- If on antibiotics for less than 24 hours for infectious conditions such as strep throat, conjunctivitis, or impetigo.
Thank you and have a safe and healthy winter!